I've been busy, work's been busy. Friday I went to the mall, had a few drinks at Ruby Tuesday's, met a bartender by the name of Nat and learned what a B-52 is. Saturday was spent watching movies, Four Brothers and umm... Y Tu Mama Tambien. Sunday, various Targets, Pet-Smart and Mullen's. Yesterday was spent doing dishes and at practice. Nothing too exciting, but it doesn't matter, everything's going pretty good. Well, with the exception of the stupid story that broke last night. I guess a couple of students and/or a former student met some girl on MySpace and sexually assaulted her. Somehow the newspapers got the idea that he was not only one of our players but the captain of the football team. Unreal. So we had to deal with reporters and calls today. I got calls from people I haven't heard from in a while. Cracking jokes or just calling for the "scoop". Whatever. We did manage to get a good scrimmage game in today, all the way on 96th and Michigan. The youngsters did well, I'm looking forward to getting the real season started.
Guess that's about it, I haven't been on much and I expected everyone's LJs to be full of stuff. I expected to be overwhelmed with emails and myspace messages. Eh, it happens. I also missed all of the H shows this weekend. I guess my priorities are shifting. That and the fact that they're not as much fun riding solo. At least not anymore. I've gotten so used to going with a bunch of people, having a few drinks, and having a great time that I'm just not motivated to go by myself anymore. I'll get over it. The setlists weren't the greatest anyway, maybe I'm just burned out, I don't know.
Alright, I'm up, but I'll leave you with a meme to kill some time.
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?
Probably, but I think lately I've been like "ah fuck it".
2. Who kissed you at midnight?
No one :( *sighs* Although I think Wade's wife may have before hand, heh.
3. Does it snow where you live?
Yes, and I love it.
4. Do you like hot chocolate?
5. Have you ever been to times square to watch the ball drop?
1. Who was your Valentine?
I don't recall.
2. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?
I don't recall. (Actually probably, didn't we all have to?)
3. Do you care if the groundhog sees its shadow or not?
Only if it means we're going to have more winter, which is it?
1. Are you Irish ?
2. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2006?
I believe it was during Lent and since I'd given up drinking for Lent (mistake, heh) I don't think I did much at all. Maybe had a Shamrock shake?
4. Are you happy when winter is pretty much over?
Nah, I don't mind it.
1. Do you like the rain?
2. Did you play an April Fools day joke on anyone?
I'm sure I did.
3. Do you get tons of candy on Easter?
Not tons, but I get a lil' sumthing sumthing.
4. Do you celebrate 4/20?
What's that mean? ;)
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?
Hmm...can't say I have one.
2. Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo?
3. Finish the phrase "April showers":
Are better than golden ones?
4. What is the first color you think of when you think of Spring?
1. What year did/will you graduate from high school?
2. Did you realize nothing special happens in June?
1. What did you do on the Fourth of July?
Pfft. No comment. Pouted at home.
2. Do you go on any vacations during this month?
3. Do you blast the A/C all day?
And all night.
1. Will you do anything special at the end of your summer?
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '06?
Hmm...good question. Either my sister's birthday or a couple of weekends ago, but the summer ain't over yet.
3. Do you have a sunburn?
Nope. I've got an awesome tan though.
4. Do you go to the beach a lot?
Not at all. (So how do I have the tan you might ask, I'm on a damn field all day, sun works just as well in the park as on the beach people!)
1. Did you attend school/college in '05?
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?
While I was in school or like at work now? Umm...nevermind, heh.
3. Do you like fall better than summer?
They both have their charms but I'd probably go with the fall. Football season, cooler weather, Halloween, etc.
1. What was your favorite halloween costume?
Speak of the devil, umm...either Indiana Jones or Silent Bob. I loved my robot costume as a child as well. Damn, then there was the year I was a soldier, that rocked too, so umm...four favorite costumes, heh.
2. What's your favorite candy?
Snickers or Whatchamacallits.
3. What did you dress up like last year?
1. Whose house did you go to for thanksgiving?
2. Do you love stuffing?
Depends on who I'm stuf...oh that kind of stuffing. It's alright I guess.
3. What are you thankful for?
Lots of things, and lots of people. One in particular this year...
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Of course! Xmas rulz!
2. If not, what do you celebrate?
The fact that you're going to hell for not acknowledging the birthday of Big Baby Jesus. (and that I'm going to hell for my blasphemy)
3. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?
4. Get anything special last year?
Hmmm...not really, but I always get good stuff.
5. What do you want this year?
Hmm...I don't know, a PS3? Nothing really, but a house/condo would be nice. Maybe a Ferrari...
6. Do you like cold weather?
Alright, I've wasted enough time here...heh.