1. Where did you begin 2007?
In some lame ass bar in the suburbs watching the best band ever with good friends and my baby.
2. What was your status by Valentine's Day?
3. Did you attend school this year?
4. How did you earn your money?
How I make my money is nobody's business!!! I mean, ah...let's see. Working for the board of ed, coaching, taking surveys, retail, and straight hustlin'.
5. Did you have any encounters with the police?
Not that I recall.
6. What did you purchase that was over $500?
Hahahaha. Oh wait, I did actually, Melissa's engagement ring.
7. Know anybody who passed away?
Crap, probably but no one comes to mind at the moment.
8. Did you move anywhere?
Did I ever. From the RP in Chicago to the BR in Indianapolis and then back to Chicago but now on the Southside.
9. What sporting events did you go to?
Cubs game, high school football games, basketball, I think that's it.
10. What concerts/shows did you go to?
Hmm...Local H, Suffrajett, Smoking Popes, wow. Is that it? I didn't go to hip-hop show all year? These end of year memes/blogs are kind of bumming me out. Heh.
11. Where do you live now?
Chicago. Bronzeville, Kenwood, Hyde Park area depending on who you ask.
12. What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2007?
Leave the city. Umm...probably some other stuff.
13. What has been your favorite moment?
Getting engaged. Moving back to Chicago is a close second, heh.
14. What's something you learned about yourself?
Hmm...not sure. I can handle more adversity than I thought? Not that things were very difficult, but I guess that I can handle "everyday non-dramatic" situations better than I thought. I guess I learned I'm not as useless as I thought I was, heh.
15. Any new additions to your family?
None that I can recall. Rex was born last year and I think he's the newest.
16. What was your best month?
Hmm...tough one. They all had their moments. I really can't say.
17. What music will you remember 2007 by?
Hmm...maybe I'll remember it by the lack of music. I don't know, depending on how tonight goes, Local H. Probably Common and Kanye. That damn Souja Boy song. Umm...Ok Go, wasn't that this year? The treadmills and shit? I didn't buy a lot of CDs this year. I didn't buy a lot of anything really, heh.
18. Who has been your best drinking buddy?
This really makes me sad. Can't say that I really had one this year. Maybe that's a good thing. I guess it'd have to be Melissa, but she's not much of a drinker. I'd say D, but we haven't hung out that much this year.
19. Made new friends?
A couple online, a couple at the new job. In theory.
20. Any regrets?
"I don't regret the things I've done, only those I did not do."
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
3. New house?
I'm good for a while.
4. What will you do different in '08?
This is where I should say a bunch of things, but since I've been doing the same things for 30 some years now, what are the odds I'll be doing anything different in '08? The Cubs and Bears will still piss me off, people will still annoy me, and I'll still love the same people and things I do. But, there's always hope. Maybe I'll write more, get into shape, and take more pictures. Maybe I'll win the lottery, who knows?
5. New Year's resolution(s)?
See above. Maybe I'll make some later.
6. What will you NOT be doing in '08?
7. Any trips planned?
None at the moment.
8. Wedding plans?
Yes. In theory.
9. Major thing on your calendar?
Cubs opening day. Can't think of anything else at the moment. However, I do have a kick ass Futurama calendar. Just thought I'd add that.
10. What can't you wait for?
I don't know. I try not to have that "can't wait" for anything feeling because it inevitably leads to dissapointment. Even tonight, I didn't get my tickets until the last minute, and I'll already a bit upset about people not being in touch. That being said...I'm sure there will be a lot of good moments in '08. Hopefully I'll even get married, stay tuned.
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
Eh, I don't know, lots of things. I'd like us to elect a President I can be excited and optimistic about for starters. I'm just not sure who that would be. I'll like the world to be a little less crazy, and I'd like the current wave of talent-less, psuedo-celebrities to start thining out. No more celebrations for mediocrity, let's start watching less reality and more scripted TV. Everyone's famous for nothing these days. What happening to actual talent? People who could sing and dance. Or people who could act. I'd also like to see a lot more money in my pockets. That would be nice. Wow, I'm rambling.
12. What about youself will you be changing?
Didn't I answer this already. In short, hopefully lots, but in actuality, probably nothing.
13. What happened in '08 that you didn't think would ever happen?
Don't you mean, what will happen? Or is that supposed to be 07 again? I'm confused.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
Sure, why not?
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in '07?
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I'd like to start. Heh.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
It's pretty good but I guess nothing's perfect, so I guess.
18. Will you do charity work?
Probably, in my own special way.
19. Will you go to bars?
20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
Maybe that'll be something I change. That's a resolution I could probably keep, I'll be a complete dick to everyone I meet from now on.
21. Do you expect '08 to be a good year for you?
Yes. (okay, now I'll try to say it like I mean it) YES!
22. How much did you change from this time last year 'til now?
Not much on the surface, but I think I have changed a whole lot.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
Yes, but things are probably going to be pushed back to '09 in that regard.
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with?
Who knows. People are so fickle sometimes, I hope I am, but life has different plans sometimes.
26. Will you be moving?
I hope not.
27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in '08 that happened last year?
28. What are your New Year's Eve plans?
Local H at SubT!
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
30. One wish for 2008?
To be happy. (well said Dayna)