Here we go...
1. Where did you begin 2008?
At SubT with my good friends and my baby watching the greatest rock band in the world...Local H.
2. What was your status by Valentine's Day?
3. Did you attend school this year?
4. How did you earn your money?
Everyday I'm hustlin', everyday I'm hustlin'...umm...yeah that and selling stuff...retail if you will.
5. Did you have any encounters with the police?
Yes, a couple actually, I was going about 90...*whistles*
6. What did you purchase that was over $500?
New car...new bed...umm...I think that's it...do DJ's and receptions count?
7. Know anybody who passed away?
Hmm...fortunately I don't believe anyone very close to me passed away...oh wait my grandfather did...right...
8. Did you move anywhere?
No. Thank sweet baby Jesus, no.
9. What sporting events did you go to?
Crap, this sucked, I think I only made it to a couple of high school games.
10. What concerts/shows did you go to?
Local H, of course, for a week straight even. The Popes a couple of times, umm...Local H, Public Enemy, is that it? That's all I can remember off the top of me noggin. PE was at a fest so I saw a few other bands but I can't really recall them.
11. Where do you live now?
12. What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008?
Hmm...a small part of me may have thought, at some point, that I'd never get married. I don't know, I don't think I did anything last year that I thought I'd never do.
13. What has been your favorite moment?
Getting married, going on our Circle Tour around Lake Michigan is a close second. Obama getting elected was pretty sweet too.
14. What's something you learned about yourself?
Hmm...I'll have to get back to you on that one.
15. Any new additions to your family?
Lots of babies were born this year, no one in my immediate family, but close friends had their families grow. :)
16. What was your best month?
June. No doubt...oh wait, May was pretty good too...but no, June was.
17. What music will you remember 2008 by?
All of the damn T.I. songs, Kanye's Faster, Stronger, the new H album. Metallica, a lot of stuff off Guitar Hero World Tour, heh.
18. Who has been your best drinking buddy?
I'm not sure. Probably D as usual, I'd say Melissa but she's not much of a drinker. My brother, Bryce, a few others have had some libations with me at times.
19. Made new friends?
Not really. Maybe one or two online, one at work, recconnected with a few. (whether that's good or bad remains to be seen)
20. Any regrets?
"I don't regret the things I've done, only those I did not do."
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
3. New house?
I'm good for a while but I wouldn't mind moving closer to the northside at some point.
4. What will you do different in '09?
This is where I should say a bunch of things, but since I've been doing the same things for 30 some years now, what are the odds I'll be doing anything different in '09? The Cubs and Bears will still piss me off, people will still annoy me, and I'll still love the same people and things I do. But, there's always hope. Maybe I'll write more, get into shape, and take more pictures. Maybe I'll win the lottery, who knows? (Hahahah no change in this answer for 09)
5. New Year's resolution(s)?
See above. Maybe I'll make some later.
6. What will you NOT be doing in '09?
Meth. Crack. Umm...getting married. Heh.
7. Any trips planned?
None at the moment.
8. Wedding plans?
9. Major thing on your calendar?
Sister might be getting married...cousin too...other than that, I can't really think of anything else at the moment. My first anniversary I guess. My 33rd birthday...ugh....I'm old.
10. What can't you wait for?
I'm not sure. A lot of cool things happened in 2008 that I didn't see coming. Hopefully 2009 will be the same, maybe I'll even become a dad, who knows? That's something I can't wait for. :)
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
I'd like Chicago to have one winning team. Seriously, between the Cubs and the Bears my lifespan is getting shorter. I'd like to have more money, more excitement, adventure. Umm...I'd still like to see people get their comeuppance. Yeah...I guess I just want more positive energy in the world and less negativity. I'd also like people to take the threat of Zombies more seriously.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
Hopefully a few things. Stay tuned.
13. What will happen in 2009 that you never thought would happen? (I tweaked this question, it didn't make sense...not sure it does now...)
The President of the United States will be black.
The President of the United States will be named Barrack Hussein Obama.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in '08?
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I hope so.
18. Will you do charity work?
I should really try to...
19. Will you go to bars?
What do you think?
20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
Probably, I'm a sucker like that.
21. Do you expect '09 to be a good year for you?
*sighs* I don't expect it to be a bad year per se...but the way things are looking...I don't know if it'll be good for anyone. Do Work!
22. How much did you change from this time last year 'til now?
Some. Getting older, wiser. Not as much as in previous years, but I changed for the better...I hope.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with?
I hope so. I don't know, people suck sometimes, maybe I will be, maybe I'll have new ones. I can't worry about it too much, sometimes it can't be helped.
26. Will you be moving?
I hope not.
27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in '09 that happened last year?
I don't know...
28. What are your New Year's Eve plans?
I was at the Bottom Lounge with...you guessed it, friends, Melissa, and Local H.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
I did. Melissa was there too...hahaha.
30. One wish for 2009?
Good health for everyone and hopefully better finances.
Phew, that took forever, I'm out...